Ngallu Wal Family Support Worker
Advertiser: Growing Potential LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Sept 2019
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
Ngallu Wal is an integrated Aboriginal Child & Family Centre (ACFC) based in the heart of Doonside and provides a range of programs and services to support Aboriginal children, families and the broader local community. Ngallu Wal is now in the process of transitioning to become a fully incorporated Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisation.
This position is 8 hours Monday – Thursday, 6 hours on Fridays, commencing 14thOctober 2019.
Monday to Thursday – 8:30am – 4:30pm
Friday – 9am – 3pm
The position exists to provide support to Aboriginal children (0-8 yrs), their families and the wider community in an integrated services centre and to assist the staff and manager of Ngallu Wal to connect with and maintain effective working relationships with the Aboriginal community and other key stakeholders.
The position is responsible for improving service and program access for Aboriginal children and families by engaging Aboriginal communities, developing and/or supporting programs that promote effective parenting and family/community strengthening, in partnership with existing services in the Blacktown area.
- This is a genuine identified Aboriginal position in accordance with Clause 14.d of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977
- Qualifications in child and family work or similar field, or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated capacity building skills, and facilitating groups
- Ability to promote the Centre’s services in a range of forums
- Excellent interpersonal skills – including verbal and written abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexities of family relationships and the impacts on families, particularly in relation to children
- Demonstrated Advocacy, Report Writing, Referring, Negotiating, and Networking Skills
- Proven ability to gather and enter Data
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and willingness to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Full Driver’s license and current working with children check
- Effective IT skills, including use of a range of Microsoft office programs
- Demonstrated experience and skills in providing casework support to vulnerable families with young children and understanding of child development
- Previous work experience or knowledge of working in a community based or not-for-profit organisation
Please contact Robert on 02 9672 4173 with any questions.
To be considered for this role you must complete an application pack, available from Ashleigh at firstname.lastname@example.org referencing ‘Ngallu Wal Family Support Worker’, along with your cover letter and resume.
Applications close: Wednesday 25thSeptember 2019