Laboratory Technician - Grain Quality
Advertiser: Australian Grain Technologies (AGT)More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Sept 2019
- Adelaide Hills & Barossa
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Laboratory & Technical Services
Australian Grain Technologies (AGT) is a leading field crop breeding company with an established brand and market leading varieties.
AGT is a great place to work and grow your career. Talented employees are the key to our success. We recognise and reward performance and provide training and growth opportunities for high performing individuals. Our culture and grower benefit focus makes AGT a desirable employer in the agricultural industry.
About the role
Join us, as a Technician in our state of the art grain quality laboratory located at our industry leading facility in Roseworthy, South Australia. The grain quality laboratory conducts critical analysis for multiple crops including wheat, barley, canola and lupin. The data produced is used to select the best performing lines for advancement and support variety classification.
We are looking for hardworking and friendly personable applicants with a “Can do” attitude. You will need to be able to follow instruction and protocols and be happy to ask questions when you do not understand or need more information. Showing initiative is valued as is excellent communication skills, eye for detail, problem solving skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Performing routine lab work
- Conducting repetitive laboratory tests
- Preparation for Quality testing
- Data collection and basic reporting
- Housekeeping and maintenance
- Administration duties
- Basic laboratory skills
- Experience in grain quality analysis
- Bread baking experience
- Ability to remain focused while conducting repetitive work
- Agricultural knowledge
- Microsoft Office skills
If you have a basic laboratory background and an aptitude and willingness to learn then this may be the role for you.
Submit your application by clicking the 'Apply' button
For further information about AGT please visit our website www.agtbreeding.com.au
Closing date for applications is 22 September 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a laboratory technician?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?