Advertiser: Koala Park SydneyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Sept 2019
- Sydney, North West & Hills District
- $25,000 - $39,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Conservation, Parks & Wildlife
Koala Park has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced Zoo Keeper to join the Reptiles department.
As a keeper, you have primary responsibility for ensuring the care and wellbeing of the animals under your attendance. You must also be understanding and sensitive to the needs of the animals under your care. You are also responsible for the animals’ exhibits, maintenance, landscaping and presenting at daily demonstrations where applicable.
At Koala park, keepers continually work towards providing improved facilities and care for their animals. They do this with enthusiasm and motivation toward their individual learning and training.
This position will be working with a diverse collection of reptiles including crocodiles and snakes. Experience and certification in a similar role required.
- Undertake cleaning and maintenance of the animal enclosures as required.
- Assist with the planning, development and construction of enclosures.
- Conduct animal health checks.
- Maintain records of observations and reports on animal behaviour and/or breeding.
- Conduct environment and enclosure safety checks.
- Undertake hands on care of animals.
- Undertake animal enrichment programs.
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times.
- Undertake public speaking and/or delivery of demonstrations.
- Knowledge of husbandry requirements.
- Take responsibility for skill development and progression / training sign off.
- Work within guidelines of health and safety procedures to ensure security of animals, staff and guests.
- Experience in a similar role
- Strong communication skills
- 7 day a week availability including Weekends, Public Holidays and School Holidays
- Applicants must be fit for physical work, enthusiastic, mature-minded, confident, well-presented and able to demonstrate a high level of work-ethic and initiative
- Manual drivers licence
Please send a cover letter and resume through to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 20th September 2019
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)