Building Certifier / Building Regulations Consultant - Canberra
Advertiser: Steve Watson & Partners Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Sept 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Surveying
Steve Watson & Partners is one of Australia’s leading consultancy firms operating in Sydney, Melbourne Brisbane and Canberra providing consulting services across the eastern seaboard of Australia. We provide professional building surveying & certification services to the property, development, construction and infrastructure sectors. A great opportunity exists for an enthusiastic building certifier graduate to join our friendly Canbera office. We are seeking an ambitious and committed individual who is able to represent the firm and deliver efficient and effective consulting services. This is an excellent opportunity to further your career as a building surveyor, in a company with an expanding local presence, supportive environment and young dynamic team.
A great opportunity exists for an enthusiastic consultant/certifier to become part of our team in our Canberra office. We are seeking an ambitious and committed individual who is able to represent the firm at the high level we require. The successful candidate can expect to work on all types of Class 2-9 buildings ranging from small fitouts to billion dollar landmark developments. We have a mentoring and review system in place so that staff are continually pushing their professional limits, with support and QA in place to ensure our work remains to the high standard our clients require. We are very much client focused which means the role will be demanding as well as rewarding.
Experience & Qualifications
Minimum 3 years experience working in an approvals-based Building Surveying;
- A recognised Degree in Building Surveying or equivalent;
- Registered or Near Registered Building Surveyor;
- Post-graduate qualifications would also be very highly regarded.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skill set
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a busy team whilst using initiative and a proactive approach;
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a high level of attention to detail;
- Professional conduct and a mature approach to all situations including the ability to demonstrate discretion and confidentiality;
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
Steve Watson & Partners is a 'hands on' organisation that requires a real team player with a flexible attitude to take on each new task, no matter how big or small, with a positive approach. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you. We are committed to
- On-the-job training and mentoring
- A friendly team environment
- Study support opportunities
- Rewards and recognition for high performance
How to apply
Salary will be negotiated commensurate with the abilities of the successful candidate. Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to: The Director, addressing how you meet our requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted – No agencies please.