Building Cadet - Canberra CBD
Advertiser: Steve Watson & Partners Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Sept 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Surveying
Steve Watson and Partners is one of Australia’s leading Building Code compliance consultancy firms operating in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Canberra. We provide professional Building Surveying & Certification services to the property, development, construction and infrastructure sectors with involvement in some of the largest construction projects in Australia.
A great opportunity exists for an enthusiastic building cadet to join our friendly Canberra office. We are seeking an ambitious and committed individual who is able to represent the firm and deliver efficient and effective consulting services. You must be a highly motivated building degree student (preferably 2nd or 3rd year) and available to work at least 4 days per week.
Our cadets are expected to make a significant contribution as an integral member of our team. The role is office based with some site work and involves juggling multiple projects simultaneously while remaining highly responsive to client requirements and deadlines. The successful applicant will be expected to learn quickly in our fast paced environment and can expect mentoring from our highly qualified and experienced senior staff to help achieve that end.
We are looking for a candidate with the following skill set:
- Ability to work autonomously or as part of a busy team whilst using initiative and a proactive approach.
- Excellent verbal communication skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Professional conduct and a mature approach to all situations including the ability to demonstrate discretion and confidentiality.
- Excellent organisational skills, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
Steve Watson & Partners is a 'hands on' organisation that requires a real team player with a flexible attitude to take on each new task, no matter how big or small, with a positive approach. If this resonates with you, we would love to hear from you. We are committed to
- On-the-job training and mentoring
- A friendly team environment
- Study support opportunities
- Rewards and recognition for high performance
How to apply
Salary will be negotiated commensurate with the abilities of the successful candidate. Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to: The Director, addressing how you meet our requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted – No agencies please.