Grounds Maintenance Team Leader
Advertiser: MomentumMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Sept 2019
- Lismore & Far North Coast
- $30 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Trades & Services, Gardening & Landscaping
Would you like to make a real difference in people’s lives? If so, come and join the team at Momentum Collective.
Momentum Collective is a registered charity and not-for-profit community services organisation. We operate an integrated suite of programs to help vulnerable and disadvantaged people get a roof, a job and to live a better life.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our ideal candidate is a professional, energetic individual with a ‘can do’ attitude. The successful applicant will need to confidently balance the requirements of providing a successful grounds maintenance business within a supportive workplace providing sustainable employment for people living with mental, physical or intellectual disabilities.
Working with Momentum means you’ll be part of an organisation which creates positive and lasting change in people’s lives
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this position you’ll roster and supervise crews of people with various disabilities to provide a quality service of mowing, brush cutting, mulching and rubbish removal. Part of the role will include gaining of new business through referrals and marketing. You will also need good business administration skills to maintain documentation required for this section of a government funded business.
- Qualifications or a statement of attainment for the operation of a chainsaw and/or safe handling and usage of chemicals
- Experience in small engine servicing and maintenance.
- Demonstrated experience in grounds maintenance and use of relevant equipment and materials.
- Experience as a ’hands on’ supervisor.
- Ability to coordinate the activities of a small team of ground maintenance workers.
- Intermediate computer literacy skills including the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Desirable to have qualifications in Horticulture, Landscape gardening or in a relevant field
- Current First Aid and CPR.
- Current Driver’s Licence.
Interested in this position?
Please visit our website, www.mymomentum.org.au to view the position description.
- We welcome and invite Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply
- Appointment to this position will require a satisfactory police check clearance
- To be eligible for this position, you must have the legal right to work in Australia
Please click the “Apply” button or email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please add the job title and your name in the email subject area
For Enquiries: please contact Brian Dunn on 07 55362537
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land on which we live and work and pay our respects to their elders past and present.