- Job Listing Date
- 6 Sept 2019
- Alice Springs & Central Australia
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sport & Recreation, Management
Salary Level 6 $73,006.76 per annum
Attractive conditions include 6 weeks annual leave plus 17.5% leave loading, superannuation, and generous leave provisions.
People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent are strongly encouraged to apply.
Operating under the direction of the Youth and Communities Manager and in accordance with Council plans and policies and relevant legislation; this position will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of an effective Youth Sport and Recreation program across a discrete area. The Youth Sport and Recreation Coordinator will contribute to the Youth and Communities strategic planning process. The position will be responsible for managing all Youth Sport and Recreation staff and ensuring program reporting occurs across all sites. It is expected that the role will be a center of expertise with a specialist knowledge of contemporary practices in Youth Sport and Recreation.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Provide complex, specialised and technical advice to the Manager Y&C in relation to strategic planning ensuring Council's vision is being achieved, communities needs are being met and funding bodies outcomes achieved.
• Recruit, manage and develop Youth Sport and Recreation staff across multiple sites.
• Plan and deploy program resources efficiently and monitor program expenditure against budget.
• Analyse and review operations and processes regularly, making process improvements to ensure overall efficiency and that internal and external compliance is achieved.
• Provide complex regular and ad hoc reports to the Y&C Manager as required.
• Provide operational advice and high level coordination to the Youth Sport and Recreation team.
• Under the guidance of the Youth and Communities Manager, liaise with external stakeholders as required.
• Effectively contribute as a team member of the Community Services Directorate and promote a safe and harmonious work environment.
• Perform other duties as directed by the Youth and Communities Manager.
*Please ensure when you apply you address the selection criteria and attach with your CV.*
To apply for this position please download the Position Description and Information Package and address the selection criteria in writing. Applicants also need to submit an application for advert form. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com.