Land Management Field Technician
Advertiser: HCB Rural and Land ManagementMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Sept 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Conservation, Parks & Wildlife
About the business and the role
HCB Rural and Land Management Pty Ltd is a family owned company which commenced operations in 2014. Located in Singleton, NSW, we service the Hunter Valley area.
We provide a variety of services including fencing, weed spraying, vertebrate pest management, property management/maintenance and livestock husbandry.
HCB Rural and Land Management has a variety of clients including rural landholders, residential clients, mining companies, commercial businesses and government agencies including NPWS.
The role we are looking to fill is as a field technician
Job tasks and responsibilities
This position requires a hard working, self motivated person who will be hands on with all aspects of the business including weed control, fencing, grounds maintenance, cattle husbandry, slashing, vertebrate pest management.
Although the work will be predominantly weed control and fencing the candidate must be willing and interested in working within all aspects of the business when needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- All manual tasks involved with the services listed
- Preparation of materials, chemicals and vehicles
- Management of on site safety
- Communication with clients and team members as needed
- Maintaining and promoting the goodwill of the business and quality workmanship.
Skills and experience
It is essential that candidates:
- Have a full drivers license and own transport
- Understand that the job is located in Singleton and if not living locally must be prepared to travel to Singleton to work daily.
- Can demonstrate experience and sound skills in weed management, including the use of vehicle mounted spray units, knapsack, boom spraying.
- Have a Chemcert or equivalent accreditation and or EPA Ground Applicators License
- Are competent in the operation of chainsaws and tractors
- Have a Construction Industry White Card
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Knowledge of weeds within the Hunter Area, in particular noxious weeds
- Previous supervisory experience in a similar work environment
- Experience in fencing and livestock management
- Accredited chainsaw training
- Construction industry white card
- Current First Aid training
- Experience in developing safe work procedures and understanding how to manage on the job hazards.
- NSW Firearms License
Job benefits and perks
Although this job is a casual position our business has long term work ahead and will assist the right employee to stay with our business and gain qualifications that will benefit both parties.
Ideally we need employees to show long term commitment to the job so that a relationship between ourselves, customers and the employee can develop.
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you licenced to drive a manual vehicle?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?