- Job Listing Date
- 8 Sept 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Pathology
Who We Are & What We Do?
We do amazing things here at Nucleus Network!
Not only are we Australia’s leading organisation in Phase I Clinical Trials, we are also the industry’s largest organisation specialising in First-in-Human research across in Australia!
The journey to achieve great things is never simple nor easy. Our success is due to the hard work and dedication of our amazing team here at Nucleus Network. We attract our top talent through our unique position offering opportunities to develop and grow your career within a rewarding and fulfilling industry.
Our clients include international and Australian pharmaceutical companies who engage us to conduct early phase clinical studies in healthy volunteers in order to develop new and groundbreaking medicines. We are defined by our great work culture, commitment to staff development and dedication to provide the best possible work environment.
Come and join us through this exciting journey of expansion and gain world-class experience servicing some of the most innovative Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical companies globally.
About the Role
We are seeking to employ Clinical Unit Assistants who will work in our multidisciplinary clinical unit to assist with the coordination and execution of clinical trial procedures.
This position offers a unique opportunity for clinical exposure in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. CUA's assist from the first screening of future participants through to their inpatient stays and following outpatient visits. Successful applicants will master time management skills as well as gain hands-on clinical skills including blood taking and processing, vital signs, ECG taking and theory and telemetry monitoring. Due to the many new studies each year, our team of CUA's are constantly broadening their clinical expertise and scope of practice with exposure to upcoming biotechnical devices, and specialist assessment tools including proficiency in spirometery, photoplethysmography and advanced cardiac holter equipment.
There are casual positions available. Our unit has a dedicated team of permanent Registered Nurses and Clinical Unit Assistants; we operate 24/7 so on average we can expect to offer our casual staff 1 – 3 shifts per week. The role requires the successful applicants to be flexible in regards to shift days and hours. As a casual employee, in busy times you might be offered to work up to 5 shifts in a week if there is a particular clinical study that requires additional support.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing clinical procedures / assessments according to the approved protocol requirements, NN standard operating procedures and ICH GCP.
- Administering Investigational Products as appropriately trained and according to NN SOPs
- Supervise, support and develop good rapport with study participants.
- Conducting procedures such as vital signs, telemetry, ECG's, blood collection, blood processing as well as adverse events and data collection. (Full training will be provided)
- Follow the directions of the Nurse in Charge (NIC) and carry out delegated tasks; reporting back as required.
We are looking for:
- Staff who can commit to a minimum of two shifts Monday - Friday and one weekend shift
- Having attained a tertiary health care or science-related degree or have a working background in a health field ( i.e. phlebotomist, health screening personnel)
- Have excellent time management, attention to detail skill and be able to rigorously adhere to relevant documentation standards
- Experience in venepuncture is desired, but not essential
- A good working knowledge of clinical research
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with participants and other health care professionals.
- A positive and fun personality. We work hard but we like a laugh and love working with other staff who show initiative and find solutions!
Applications will only be accepted via SEEK.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?