- Job Listing Date
- 9 Sept 2019
- $160,000 - $185,000
- Work Type
- Marketing & Communications, Management
A region the size of Tasmania, just 2.5 hours west of Brisbane and an easy drive from the Sunshine and Gold Coasts, the Western Downs has a growing population of over 34,000 people.
The region’s diverse economy, vibrant active communities and the extensive infrastructure and multi-billion dollar energy investments are ensuring that the Western Downs continues to go from strength-to-strength.
Western Downs Regional Council is one of only a handful of Council’s in the state of Queensland to be debt-free.
Council is very proud of this immense achievement which it had been working towards since 2015, proving itself to be one of the most financially prudent Councils in Queensland.
About the Role
Based at the Dalby Corporate Office, you will work closely with the CEO and senior management, identifying and managing proactive communication opportunities and relationships, including driving a range of external and internal communication initiatives.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will:
- be responsible for leading, managing and overseeing marketing programs; and
- actively promote, enhance and build the reputation of the organisation and engagement of the people in the region and within the organisation.
The successful applicant will have:
- Proven experience in providing high level advice to senior management and/or elected officials.
- Established strong media networks with a strong understanding of media operations.
- Direct experience in developing media communications.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills applicable to various media genres including print, digital and broadcast and the ability to present well to groups.
- Skills in organising complex information visually to assist audience comprehension.
- Agility in strategic and innovative thinking.
- Proven experience in leading, managing and mentoring a multi-disciplined team
What we offer:
- Relocation assistance
- Access to Corporate Health Plan
- Health & Wellbeing program
If you enjoy working both autonomously as well as collaboratively with employees, this role is for you. TOGETHER WE MAKE A REAL DIFFERENCE
For a full position description copy and paste the below URL into a browser.
Application via Seek 'Apply Now.'
Applications close at 5.00pm AEST on Thursday 26 September 2019.
WDRC reserves the right to close or withdraw vacancies before the advertised closing date, or extend the closing date, without prior notice.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- Have you completed a qualification in marketing?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?