Admin and Communication Assistant
Advertiser: WESNET IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Sept 2019
- $30 - $31.28 per hour
- Work Type
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
AWAVA is seeking a part time (30 hours per fortnight) Admin and Communications Assistant to join the AWAVA team to be based in our Canberra office. The position is linked to the SCHCADS 2010 (MA000100) Level 3.2.
Please note: Applicants must supply a covering letter, resume and statement of claims against the key selection criteria in order to be considered for shortlisting.
The Australian Women Against Violence Alliance (AWAVA) is one of the six National Women’s Alliances funded by the Australian Government. AWAVA works towards ensuring that all women and their children are able to live free from all forms of violence and abuse. Our work is guided by three main sets of principles: human rights, a feminist framework, and equity, diversity & inclusivity. For more information see: www.awava.org.au
AWAVA's auspicing body is the Women's Services Network (WESNET).
WESNET is a national women's peak body that facilitates and promotes policy, legislative and programmatic responses relevant to women and children who have experienced domestic or family violence.
The successful applicants will:
- provide general support, undertaking administrative, organisational and communication tasks as directed and supervised by the Program Manager, which may include:
- Providing logistical and organisational support to the AWAVA Advisory Group, Program Manager, staff and volunteers,
- Responding to emails and phone calls
- Updating and managing the website.
- Updating and maintaining AWAVA's social media platforms (Twitter and Facebook)
- Developing communications materials, such as the Weekly Round-Up and social media content
- Data entry, filing and recording
- Updating and maintaining contact registers
- Organising meetings and appointments
- Secretariat support for the AWAVA Advisory Group
The position reports to the AWAVA Program Manager.
How to apply
- The position description is available at http://www.wesnet.org.au/jobs
- For any enquiries please contact Merrindahl Andrew by email via email@example.com
- Please submit your application through Seek or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a cover letter and your claims against the key selection criteria, and CV with two referees by 9am on Monday 7 October 2019. A single PDF is preferred.
- Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.