- Job Listing Date
- 9 Sept 2019
- Western QLD
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Operations
Macmahon is a leading Australian contract mining company with projects throughout Australia and South East Asia.
Delivering a comprehensive range of surface mining, underground mining and engineering services to the resources sector, Macmahon offers great opportunities for a diverse and exciting career in mining.
The project is a coal operation in the Bowen Basin area, located near Glenden, and is estimated to produce up to 10 million tonnes of hard coking coal per year.
Macmahon are currently seeking Allrounder Operators to join the Byerwen team. The position is responsible for operating a variety of mobile plant to transport/excavate, move and/or loose earth, rock or rubble.
Key duties/responsibilities include:
- Safe and efficient operation of a variety of mobile plant on an open cut coal mine site;
- Maintaining plant in a neat and tidy condition at all times;
- Inspecting work areas and equipment for hazards, damage and defects prior to commencing work;
- Recording all shift data accurately and on time;
- Engaging in positive communications at all times.
To be considered for an Allrounder position, you must be able to demonstrate competency and at least 2 years’ experience in coal mining operating a Haul Truck plus at least two of the following:
Successful applicants must be able to supply (or obtain):
- Coal Board Medical
- Standard 11 Statement of Attainment
- Manual Driver’s Licence
All applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol screen.
If the position is of interest to you and you feel that you meet the above criteria, please apply now!