- Job Listing Date
- 9 Sept 2019
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Project Management
Australia's No 1 rated National Home Builder is looking for an experienced, efficient, hardworking individual to join its Melbourne North East office. Reporting to the director, this position is integral in turning vision into reality for our clients through your superior customer service, scheduling and attention to detail skills. This position is the primary point of contact for clients during the build stage of the project and is responsible for the overall execution and quality finish of homes.
- Well-presented, self-motivated person for the position of Construction Manager.
- Male & Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Have a very strong understanding of OHS and management of site safety.
- Trade Qualified Carpenter or Construction Management tertiary qualified.
- Registered Building Practitioner DB-U (Current) Will be favoured very highly.
- 1st Aid Level 2
- Ensure build qualities are to the highest standard.
- Customer service orientated.
- Communication Skills- your written and verbal communication will be concise, clear and without any ambiguity.
- Organised- You will be required to simultaneously manage a large number of sites across multiple locations.
- Experienced – Extensive experience in building multiple custom homes and units, worked for a volume / project builder for at least 5 years
- Problem solver- you will only bring solutions to the director.
- Exceptional Time management- you will be required to meet mandatory milestone claims and handovers.
- Well versed in Master Builder new homes contracts.
- Client Management- you will be responsible for all client management during construction and in maintenance & defect liability phase
- Attention to Detail- this is where all the problems can occur if not picked up early. You will be exceptional at detail.
- Extremely disciplined in administration.
- Connected – You will bring with you a large range of contacts for Victorian subcontractors, suppliers and trades
- Computer/technology skills- Email outlook and excel, MS project proficient.
- Current Drivers Licence.
- Site based with 1 x 1/2 day per week in office with admin team & Director
- Co-ordinate & direct all trades daily
- Resolve & problem solve all site related items
- Conduct all client stage meeting and ad hoc meeting’s as required
- Sign off and approve all trade invoices prior to payment
- Co-ordinate all maintenance items
- Complete mandatory stage client admin documents for QA and Maintenance
- Create, manage and track all site schedules
Based on consistent high quality, happy customers, defect free project completions, The successful applicant will receive a generous salary package + bonuses.
Provided your a Registered Building Practitioner DB-U (Current)- The right candidate may be offered profit share and or business partner share after proving their capacity.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a construction manager?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?