Advertiser: Boots & All ConsultingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
- Full Time Hours
- Monday to Friday (8 hours between 8am and 5.30pm)
- New Lambton Location (On grounds of JHH Newcastle)
- Above Award Wages
- Great Team
- Supportive Practice Manager
To be eligible for consideration, applicants must have a minimum of 2 years experience in a medical reception setting.
The Hand Surgery Centre - a Specialist Medical Practice, located in the Private Medical Services Building within the grounds of Newcastle Private Hospital is seeking a Medical Receptionist to join their friendly, dynamic and multidisciplinary team.
Reporting directly to the Practice Manager, this role offers the opportunity to work in a very busy team environment, coordinating day to day front desk reception and administration duties.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Booking, rescheduling and confirming of patient appointments
- Using Genie Medical software
- Taking telephone enquiries and urgent appointments
- Patient billing for both Hand Surgery and Hand Therapy patients
- EFTPOS & HICAPS receipting
- Dictaphone typing
- Other general administrative duties
- Two reception staff share shifts: 8am – 4.30 and 9am – 5.30
- (Applicants must be able to work both)
Our ideal candidate will have:
Three to five years experience in medical reception
Ideally in a fast paced / specialist medical environment
Strong communication and administration skills
A bright, caring personality with a “can do” attitude
A very polite and personable phone manner
Experience in the following will be necessary to be competent in the role:
Medicare, Workcover, CTP insurance DVA claiming.
Use of HICAPS and EFTPOS machines.
Genie practice software is an advantage but not essential
Typing proficiency and accuracy is essential to demonstrate
Understanding of medical terminology and accurate spelling
Advanced written and verbal communication skills
Able to work full time hours between 8am – 5.30pm
Offer some flexibility to cover early AM / late PM shifts - occasionally
Rewards and Culture
Above award wages and a competitive salary package is on offer for the right candidate.
A thorough On-Boarding Plan and ongoing training awaits our successful candidate.
Christmas closure ensures you get to spend quality time with your family!
How to Apply
Applications close 10 October 2019
Attention to detail is essential for this role.
We want you to show us you are the right person for this role and will take the time to write us a specific cover letter. (Addressed to Lizzy – not…..To Whom It May Concern please)
Your cover letter (addressed to Lizzy) will outline your match for our search criteria, tell us where you are working now and what notice you need to provide.
We value your time and hope you will value ours, only applicants who meet the essential selection criteria ( 2+ years in a medical reception role) will be contacted.
We are looking forward to hearing from you and to the start of a great new employee relationship!
Lizzy and the Team at Hand Surgery Centre.
- How many years' experience do you have as a medical receptionist?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- Which of the following medical practice management software do you have experience with?
- What's your average typing speed?