Administration Assistant CEO's Office
Advertiser: Central Highlands Regional CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Gladstone & Central QLD
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Work Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Emerald, Central Queensland
Department: CEO's Office
About the Role
The primary objective of the Administration Assistant is to provide administrative support to the Chief Executive Officer and Executive Assistants, ensuring documentation is accurate and compliant, and enquiries and requests from the Mayor, Councillors, Executive Leadership Team and the community are handled in an efficient and professional manner.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Administration. Provide comprehensive, accurate and timely administrative support, ensuring confidentiality is maintained. Contributing to the research and compilation of documents, reports and submissions.
- Travel Bookings. Arranging travel, accommodation and attendance at events as per the appropriate policy.
- Finance Assistance. Support end to end financial services for the department eg: raising purchase orders, requisitions, credit card reconciliation etc.
- Enquiry Management. Liaise with internal and external customers, ensuring queries are escalated appropriately, resolved in a timely fashion and customer expectations are managed.
- Data Integrity. Ensure records are accurate and filed appropriately.
- Confidentiality: Demonstrate diplomacy and discretion ensuring the highest level of confidentiality is maintained
Additionally, this position may be required to conduct other duties as lawfully directed by the CEO or OCEO Executive Assistants.
To be considered for this position you must respond to each dot point below (1-2 page document). Please ensure each selection criteria is clearly labelled.
- Demonstrated experience in an administrative or similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to use the Microsoft Office suite. (Please list each application and your experience with each)
- Demonstrated clear understanding and practice of confidentiality and proven ability to work autonomously and as a part of a team.
- Demonstrated time management skills, with the ability to organise and prioritise work effectively to meet deadlines/timeframes.
- Demonstrated ability to project a professional image and establish credibility and trust with all staff and customers.
- Minimum of Queensland C class provisional drivers licence.
To be appointed to a permanent position, you must be an Australian citizen, or have permanent residency status, or a visa permitting you to work in Australia permanently. If you have a visa permitting you to work temporarily in Australia, you may be appointed to a temporary or casual position, providing the work complies with the conditions of your visa.
The pre-employment checks relevant to this position include:
- Right to Work in Australia
- Medical Assessment including Drug & Alcohol testing
- Reference checks
Council will arrange these checks for the preferred candidate following interview.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit the following documents:
1. A cover letter outlining your skills, experience and qualifications.
2. A separate document with a short statement addressing each selection criteria.
3. Your resume, including a minimum of 2 referees.
There are some great benefits working for Council, including:
- A generous superannuation scheme – 12% for employees contributing 6%, total 18% (conditions apply)
- 5 weeks annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Corporate uniform allocation and PPE provided
- Payroll deductions and salary sacrifice options
- Wages paid fortnightly
- Employee Assistance Program
- Rostered days off
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?