- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Sydney, Ryde & Macquarie Park
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Programming & Production
Foxtel’s purpose is to bring home Australia’s most valued entertainment experience. Whether it’s a blockbuster sports match, a must-see reality episode, an election special, the newest hit movie or the most ambitious drama, Foxtel brings together the best of TV and on demand for our customers.
We work as a team, we’re agile and we’re accountable. We put the customer first and we’re passionate about what we do. We have fun and we’re different, better, special.
Our Content team is searching for an On-Air Coordinator to join their dynamic and fast paced team. The goal of the On-Air Coordinator is to support the On-Air Manager/Senior On-Air Coordinator to optimise channel airtime [allowing appropriate time for promos, sponsorship elements and commercials]; ensure program information required for on-air is correct and complete, and work with relevant departments to ensure that the channels are always on-air with no faults.
- Assist Senior On-Air Coordinator & On-Air Manager in Promo Optimisation, IBMS/ Tech Edge data alignment.
- Ensure all schedules are delivered for playout in a timely fashion, with minimal amendments needed.
- Ensure correct classifications are placed before all programmes and that correctly classified promos are placed within the appropriate programmes following FNA classification guidelines.
- Check that information is correct for all programmes.
- Take responsibility for implanting the placement of any commercial and sponsorship commitments.
- And much more
- Tertiary qualification in media related subject preferred but not essential.
- Ideally, 12 months experience in an entry level role in broadcast, e.g. Video Tapes or Library.
- An understanding of channel guidelines for scheduling and programming.
- Strong data input skills – experience in IBMS highly regarded.
- Understanding of classification guidelines.
- Methodical approach to problem solving.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and be able to use initiative to solve timing problems through selection of promos and other material.
What’s in it for you?
At Foxtel you will have the opportunity to work with authentic leaders and teams that put our customers at the centre of everything we do and thrive on achieving things together. You’ll also receive a free Foxtel subscription and discounted broadband. On top of that, you’ll enjoy a range of exclusive benefits across health, wellbeing, personal and professional development, partner discounts and unique experiences.
Above all, we’re passionate about entertainment and, if you are too, you’ll love working with us. So if you’re excited about this opportunity, please click ‘Apply now’.