Advertiser: Rickshaw EnterprisesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Richmond & Hawkesbury
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Labour
This is a unique opportunity for the right person to join our team and work alongside our Farm Manager on 70 acres of riverfront property on the pristine Colo River. You will work to achieve the very best outcomes for the land, stock, team members, customers and guests of the Hebron Farm facility.
This role is best suited to someone already living or willing to relocate in the area. A rotating roster will include working some weekends, so candidates must be willing to be flexible with these hours. Hebron Farm is currently home to goats, cattle, sheep & laying hens and has market vegetable and house gardens. Two properties, Hebron Cottage & Hebron Homestead are rented out for holiday stays and the grounds are maintained to ensure our guests have a beautiful environment to enjoy their country retreat.
An interest in organic & permaculture grazing, or a willingness to work toward these farming methods is essential. If you are interested in working with a team where you are willing to grow both professionally and personally, then we want to hear from you.
Roles & Responsibilities include:
- Assists and initiates activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, animal feeding and husbandry, and recordkeeping.
- Assists and adds value to growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, produce storage and other related departments.
- Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and parent stock.
- Assists in the analysis of soil to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production.
- Cleans and maintains equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Assists in the management of orchards and fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage from weather.
- Assists in the planning, development and production of hybrid plant varieties with high yield or disease and insect resistant characteristics.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1st 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?