Advertiser: Surf Coast Shire CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- South West Coast VIC
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
Temporary Part-time Position until 30/09/2021 (16 hours per week – Thursdays and Fridays)
$83,917 pro rata (plus 9.5% super)
Surf Coast Shire Council delivers services from Lorne to Winchelsea to Torquay and all of the communities and townships in between. According to new research, as a shire we experience just about the highest quality of life in Australia – we are the safest and best educated community in Victoria. When you work with us, you are helping our community and environment to thrive.
About this role
Council’s Communications and Community Engagement Unit is seeking a skilled communications expert, to positively contribute to the establishment, maintenance and promotion of excellence in Council’s communications, both internally and externally.
We are looking for someone to provide proactive, accurate, consistent, high quality information to the community, media and other agencies. This role plays a crucial role in ensuring that our organisation is provided with timely strategic advice on a range of communications matters, including media management.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, journalism, or public relations with several years of relevant experience in a similar role or extensive relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrated high level writing, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to deadline.
- Competency in PC-based communications software packages.
- Current Victorian driver’s licence.
- A current WWCC.
- Police Check results that are suitable for this position (will be arranged by Surf Coast Shire Council). A complete international criminal history check is required if the person has worked or lived overseas for any period of time OR a complete national criminal history check is required if the person has only ever worked in Australia.
How to apply
The position description is available from www.surfcoast.vic.gov.au by calling 5261 0600. For queries about the role, please contact Darryn Chiller, Coordinator Communications and Community Engagement, on 5261 0598.
Applications addressing the selection criteria are to be sent online or by post to:
Jemma James, Human Resources
Surf Coast Shire Council
PO Box 350, Torquay Vic 3228 - by 5pm on Sunday 22 September 2019
Surf Coast Shire Council is an equal opportunity and child safe organisation.
To be considered for this position a statement addressing the selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description must be provided.