German Speaking Travel Coordinator
Advertiser: AIFS (Australia) Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Travel Agents/Consultants
About the business
The American Institute for Foreign Study (Australia) Pty Ltd ("AIFS") is part of the global AIFS cultrual exchange group, Esbslishedin 1964, AIFS is a leader in cutlrual exchange with close to 55,000 young people participating on its programs every year.
AIFS opened its Australian office in 1999 and its Sydney head office is home to both inbound and outbound programs including Camp America, Au Pair in America, AIFS Au Pair and Work & Travel.
Our student centre located near Sydney's Hyde Park deleivers travel, support and advisory services to closeto 1500 people from around the globe every year.
About the role
Are you passionate about travel and helping others? Do you know in which state the Olgas are located or can pinpoint Griffith on a map?
We are looking for a German speaking customer service star to join our small team assisting working holiday makers with their travel, transportation, accommodation, bank accounts, jobs in addition to giving general advice.
This is front of house role suited to someone who enjoys the customer face-to-face but is just as comfortable talking on the phone.
Benefits and perks
- A fun and supportive work environment
- Incentive package
Skills and experience
To apply you must:
- Be a native German speaker or be fluent in written and spoken German
- Have prior face-to-face customer service or travel experience
- Possess proven sales experience - working to sales targets
- Have travelled on the east coast of Australia and possess a good knowledge of Australian key destinations
- Possess excellent time management skills with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Have a positive 'can do' attitude
- Enjoy speaking in front of small groups to talk about Australia
- Possess excellent computer skills
- This is an entry level position and is suited to a recent graduate or someone with 12 months experience in tourism, sales or a customer focused role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a customer service coordinator?