Animal Attendant (Dogs)
Advertiser: Khatala Pet LodgeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Mandurah & Peel
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
About the business
Khatala Pet Lodge is an African Safari themed, luxury boarding facility for dogs and is Perth's premier dog boarding facility. Khatala is for those people whose dogs are part of the family and whose pets mean a lot to them.
The lodge consists of 14 luxury suites with facilities such as TVs, IP cameras, climate control, underfloor heating, etc. Each suite has a private patio overlooking the garden and 14 enclose play areas.
Our mission is to provide the level of care and personal attention that owners feel their pets deserve. We cater for the physical, emotional and mental needs of the dogs in a loving, relaxed, home style atmosphere and in a way that large facilities cannot match.
About the role
Dog handling: Take dogs out to play areas and back to rooms, play with dogs, brush dogs,assist with bathing of dogs.
Dog feeding: Assist with preparation of food, hand out food, clean bowls, pack and operate dishwasher.
Cleaning inside lodge: Clean rooms & patios, clean kitchen, grooming room, laundry, reception, store and corridors, wash and stow dishes, wash & dry dog blankets, pillows, toys, etc. using washing machine and tumble drier.
Cleaning outside lodge: Collect and dispose of all dog faeces, keep area meet and tidy.
General: Any other tasks the employer may assign, having regard to person's skills, training and experience
Benefits and perks
Caring for dogs, from the most petite poppet to the biggest boofy boys in a fun-filled, loving and home-like environment.
Some flexibility in working hours - to be discussed.
Working in a relaxed, rural setting
Skills and experience
- Caring for dogs
- Knowledge and understanding of dog behaviours
- Good observational skills
- Verbal and written communication
- Previous experience in a similar role/industry could be beneficial.
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- What's your expected hourly rate?
- How many hours are you available to work per week?