Grounds and Maintenance Worker
Advertiser: Jackson Wine Estate AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Maintenance & Handyperson Services
Yangarra Estate Vineyard comprises of a premium wine growing property with over 400 acres of vineyards, located approximately 40 minutes south of Adelaide.
Reporting to the Vineyard Manager, this position involves the care and maintenance of several homesteads, office buildings and gardens. A minimum of 5 years previous experience in all aspects of property and garden maintenance is essential, any Trade Certificates in these fields would be advantageous.
Key responsibilities and duties include;
- Maintaining grounds and gardens
- Gardening – pruning, weeding, trimming branches etc.
- Domestic Irrigation application and maintenance
- Fencing maintenance
- Waste removal
- Cleaning gutters
- Basic building upkeep such as changing tap washers and general repairs
- Ensuring all garden equipment and vehicles are maintained
- Oversee and facilitate external contractor compliance
It is expected that all applicants can demonstrate the following attributes:
- Meticulous maintenance / handyperson skills
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Have a strong work ethic and integrity
- Be self-motivated, creative and resourceful
- Proven ability to work autonomously and manage your own time
The candidate must be positive and passionate. They must challenge and celebrate the following values & behaviours;
To apply for this position please email a covering letter addressing how you meet the above criteria, and Resume to our Vineyard Manager by clicking "APPLY NOW"
Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview
Applications Close Sunday, 6th October 2019
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?