Advertiser: Solar Power Nation Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
About the business
Solar Power Nation is one of Australia's biggest solar company. At Solar Power Nation, our vision is to make solar systems affordable for every Australian. To achieve this goal, we have created a team of experienced solar advisers and engineers from around Australia. Having more than 12 years of combined experience in the constantly evolving and dynamic solar industry, our directors and staff are devoted to providing you with a complete and customised solar solution. We are able to provide our customers with premium components at wholesale prices due to our extensive industry and supplier networks.
About the role
Your key responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
• Completing general ledger and balance sheet reconciliations.
• Completing month-end accounting tasks to ensure the timely reporting of all financial information to align with internal controls and statutory requirements.
• Preparing all indirect tax returns including GST etc.
• Assisting with the preparation of company tax returns
• Support the finance functions including Accounts payable, Fixed assets and Bank reconciliation
Skills and experience
To be considered for this role you need to have:
• Graduation in Finance, Accounting, Commerce or a related discipline with minimum one year's working experience in a similar role
• Working knowledge in Microsoft Excel and Word
• High attention to detail and ability to multi-task
• Proven track record in identifying and suggesting improvements to processes
• Excellent communication skills
• Previous experience in solar industry is preferred