Construction CadetPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Project Management
We are seeking an energetic and keen to learn individual reporting to the Project Manager, as a Cadet/Junior Contracts Administrator you assist with all the administration tasks and day to day operations of the projects.
Reporting to the Project Manager, as a Cadet / Junior Contracts Administrator you assist with all the administration tasks and day to day operations of the projects. You will be exposed to both site and office, reviewing contracts, estimating and liaising with trades and contractors. You will be provided direct training, to allow you to develop within your career.
The successful candidate is an individual who embraces change, continual improvement and personal development.
The right person will require a can do, positive attitude & is required to be hard working and willing to work across the entire spectrum of the business.
We are looking for someone that wants to learn & gain experience, while adding value to the company.
The position will be full time or part time if required by your studies.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working between small & large sites
- Reading and interpreting plans and technical specifications
- Managing and delivering projects on time, within budget to company standards
- Contractor sourcing, on-boarding and ensuring WHS compliance
- Procurement, ordering and monitoring of construction materials
- Complete quality checks and site audits ensuring building works are to code
- Updating project documentation and company systems
- Continuous improvement of construction procedures and documentation
- Liaising with external consultants and engineers
- Liaising with clients and dealing with contractors
- Risk Assessment, Site Safety, Site Cleaning and Labouring from time to time
- Quantity estimating, order taking and checking deliveries
- Reporting to the supervisor and project manager
- Have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to read plans
- Can create & use spreadsheets proficiently
- Punctual and reliable
- Current and valid Driver's Licence
- Have effective time management and prioritisation skills with a focus on attention to detail
- Be self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn and take instruction
- Relevant practical experience beneficial but not required
This is an exceptional opportunity for a construction student or recently completed student to get a unique head start in their career.