- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- $46k - $54k p.a. + super + benefits
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Legal Secretaries
Trainee / Junior Legal Assistant (Superannuation)
The opportunity and the roleWe have a fantastic opportunity for a positive, energetic and highly motivated individual to join our growing Superannuation Team in Melbourne.
We are now seeking a Trainee Junior Legal Assistant or a Junior Legal Assistant to provide administrative support to a busy Law Clerk.
Daily duties will include:
- File administration
- Diary Management
- Liaising and corresponding with clients
- Typing legal correspondence and court documents
- Working with a close knit, fast paced and high achieving team you will be guided and mentored throughout your role with the opportunity to grow and develop your career.
To be successfulTo be successful in this role, ideally you will possess prior experience in working for a high volume legal firm or professional services environment or have completed a Legal Administration (or similar) certificate or diploma. Experience in the following areas is highly desired:
- Experience in legal administration or strong customer service skills;
- Organised and proactive with a high attention to detail;
- Ability to confidently multi-task and prioritise;
- A willingness and motivation to learn and develop in legal administration;
- An understanding of Microsoft Office and an ability to learn new software packages quickly; and
- A genuine passion and desire to work in Plaintiff Law.
About usSlater and Gordon is a leading Australian Personal Injury law firm. Our people are passionate advocates for clients, providing a personal and caring service. For their part, our clients value an expert, tailored service from people they can depend on.
We pride ourselves on offering accessible, world class legal services to people from all backgrounds and socio-economic circumstances. We work hard to simplify the legal process for them and provide support and guidance along the way.
At Slater and Gordon you’re exposed to varied and interesting work and the constant opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of everyday people.
Slater and Gordon employees enjoy a genuine opportunity for professional development in an environment that values and recognises high performance.
If you are motivated, hardworking and enjoy a fast paced workplace, then consider a career with us.