APS6 Senior Communication and Engagement Officer
Advertiser: Murray Darling Basin AuthorityMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Wagga Wagga & Riverina
- $89,715 - $95,439
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Trade Marketing
The Partnerships Engagement and Strategic Policy Branch are seeking an APS6 Senior Communication and Engagement Officer to work in our new regional office in Mildura and Griffith
As the Senior Communication and Engagement Officer you will provide strategic advice and support to Branch Directors and General Manager on communication and engagement, as it relates to their region, and regional and rural Basin communities.
This involves working within a team and across the branch to develop and implement regional communication and engagement strategies, in support of broader Basin-wide objectives and plans.
In this role you will provide and respond to local intelligence for on-ground engagement issues, and tailor communication materials, ensuring relevance for regional information needs.
Face-to-face engagement with stakeholders is required.
Duties for this role are:
- Provide strategic communication and engagement advice and support for Regional Manager, General Manager and branch directors.
- Develop and implement regional communication and engagement strategies, in support of broader Basin-wide objectives and plans – including regional office engagement priorities.
- Develop and implement project plans, harness and coordinate resources and contribute to project teams.
- Knowledge of Basin water-related stakeholders and a proven ability to develop effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Interpret complex information, analyse problems and provide strategic advice.
- Gather and present regional engagement intelligence and responses.
- Confident representation of MDBA and branch, with internal and external with stakeholders.
- Provide direct supervision for APS level communication staff, fulfilling related HR, financial and reporting obligations.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in a communications and/or engagement roles.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Murray-Darling Basin stakeholders (such as regional communities, agricultural industries and interest groups).
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in communications, stakeholder engagement, journalism, marketing or related field.
- IAP2 certified and practical experience of effective engagement practices, including online and face-to-face.
Relocation assistance will be provided to the successful applicant if applicable.
Non-ongoing positions will be up to 12 months with the possibility of extension