- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
Surf Life Saving NSW is the state’s primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 77,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a highly respected and iconic Australian organisation.
Reporting to the Branch President, you will have the opportunity to use your customer service, communication and administrative skills to support our Clubs and in turn support our lifesavers on the beach.
- Branch Administration including collating reports, ensuring that Branch communication channels are maintained and accurate, assisting with the delivery of communications to external audiences as required and amending key documents.
- Training and Education Support including providing support to personnel through accessing and preparing course paperwork, resources and general updates and assisting with the coordination of Branch run courses.
- Lifesaving and Support Operations including assisting in rostering of personnel, coordinating gear and equipment grants, maintaining Branch records and liaising on the maintenance of assets.
- Meetings and Events including developing a calendar for Branch activities, preparing Agendas and Minutes, coordinating Award ceremonies and other meetings such as the Branch AGM and Council meetings.
- Member Development including promoting, coordinating and facilitating programs, collating expressions of interest for programs and processing evaluations and awards.
- Club Administration Assistance including the lodgement of compliancy documents, organising annual training, coordinating club orders and other day to day administrative support.
Essential skills required
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Well-developed oral and written communications skills (including presentation and report writing) and the ability to communicate to stakeholders at any level;
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Excellent computer skills in a number of Microsoft Office applications;
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude;
- Proven ability to prioritise tasks and multitask;
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels;
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Ability and willingness to travel (within the branch and occasionally to SLSNSW HQ) when required;
- Unrestricted Motor Vehicle Licence required;
- Proven ability to exercise effective judgment, sensitivity, and creativity to changing needs and situations.
An understanding of Surf Life Saving and Not for Profit organisations would be an advantage.
What’s in it for you?
- Salary packaging options
- Work with a passionate volunteer group in an iconic organisation.
Closing Date: 2 October 2019
Location: Nowra CBD – NSW South Coast
Position: Permanent Part Time – 20 hours per week – days to be negotiated.
How to apply
- Visit our website - www.surflifesaving.com.au/get-involved/work-for-us
- Send through a current copy of your resume and cover letter (no more than 3 pages)
- Review the position description and include a written response to the selection criteria (no more than 3 pages)
For further information on this role please contact Human Resources on (02) 9471 8000. Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held following the closing date.