State Clinical Lead - Speech Pathology
Advertiser: Better RehabilitationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Sept 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Speech Therapy
Employment type: Full Time
Who We Are:
At Better Rehabilitation we are committed to supporting people of all ages living with a disability or neurological condition. This commitment has benchmarked Better Rehabilitation as a premium NDIS provider, and to continue leading the movement of lifelong journeys for participants and staff alike, we are looking for a capable and confident State Clinical Lead to develop and mentor a team of talent speech pathologists.
Your New Role:
Reporting into the National Clinical Lead for Speech Pathology, you will continuously develop and refine our speech pathology service offering alongside a talented multidisciplinary team.
At Better Rehabilitation, no two days are the same, though a typical day may involve:
- Motivating a team of dedicated speech pathologists who are committed to transforming the lives of others. This may involve resource development, conducting internal training sessions, accompanying clinicians on home visits, ensuring your team is performing in-line with company expectations and to a high standard, and celebrating successes with the wider team
- Working across community and in-home settings assisting individuals with varying conditions such as Motor Neuron Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Stroke, Parkinson’s Disease and genetic disorders
- Applying evidence-based practice and leveraging your clinical excellence to elicit positive outcomes for your participants
- Collaborating with your internal multidisciplinary team to share knowledge and ideas
- Attending formal and informal opportunities for learning and development
We Value You:
Without you, there is no us. In order to provide the best support possible to our clients, we need to empower our team by providing workplace autonomy, flexibility, structured training and development initiatives, as well as strong opportunities for career progression. Our policies to achieve this include:
Training and Development:
- Access to industry leaders for structured on-the-job training, including weekly clinical supervision, onsite in-services and formal and informal feedback sessions
- An inter-disciplinary, internal mentoring program focusing on the holistic picture of your career
- Access to our regularly updated Professional Development Calendar to promote continuous learning in areas of interest
- 4 days’ study leave each year as well as company financial support to attend external courses and events in areas that you are passionate about
- Our policy is to promote internally rather than looking externally. You will be informed about our internal pathways and coached to achieve your career goals with us
Supporting You through Work and Life:
- 8 weeks paid parental leave, interstate relocation opportunities, and long-term unpaid leave to pursue interests and events outside of work without breaking your continuity of service
- Access to external professional services for mental & emotional wellbeing through EAP, our confidential counselling support service
- Regular team bonding and celebrations of each other’s life events
- Access to flexible working arrangements to enable you to balance life and work
What we are Looking For:
We recruit on the philosophy of once a Better Rehabber, always a Better Rehabber. This means we have a strong focus on personality, cultural fit and long-term career potential. Afterall, we are a movement, and this is a career, not just a job. We are open to reviewing applications from candidates ready to take the next step in their career - it's OK if you've not already worked in a similar role. If you meet the below criteria, we would love to speak with you:
- You are adaptable, professional and a strong communicator
- You have relevant tertiary qualifications in Speech Pathology
- Postgraduate qualifications in Speech Pathology (preferred)
- 4+ years' post qualification experience
- You have your own car and a valid drivers’ license
- You can provide evidence of:
- Speech Pathology Australia registration
- Police Check
- Working with Children Check
How to Apply:
If you think this opportunity might be for you, click ‘Apply Now’ with your covering letter and CV. To learn more about Better Rehabilitation, please visit our website: https://betterrehabilitation.com.au/.
Questions? Please email email@example.com. To have a confidential conversation about your career, call Annie on 0434 746 844.
Recruitment agencies - we appreciate your willingness to assist, but we've got this!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have as a speech pathologist?
- What's your expected annual base salary?