- Job Listing Date
- 11 Sept 2019
- Sydney, Ryde & Macquarie Park
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Programming & Production
Foxtel’s purpose is to bring home Australia’s most valued entertainment experience. Whether it’s a blockbuster sports match, a must-see reality episode, an election special, the newest hit movie or the most ambitious drama, Foxtel brings together the best of TV and on demand for our customers.
We work as a team, we’re agile and we’re accountable. We put the customer first and we’re passionate about what we do. We have fun and we’re different, better, special.
Our Programming Team is searching for two Programming Assistants to work with the Programmer and Group Programme Manager to accurately implement "must see" programming schedules that achieve the channels’ ratings and commercial targets. These roles manage all metadata and presentation of the channel schedules to ensure the best customer viewing experience across all platforms and devices.
There will be one role within our “Drama” Team and another role within our “Entertainment & Music” Team.
- Taking direction from the Programmer and Group Programme Manager and assist in inputting the monthly schedules into IBMS from forwarding planning documents.
- Sourcing and entering all relevant metadata into IBMS for programs across both channels, including episode titles, synopses, and running orders.
- Create, maintain and schedule all templates in IBMS for both channels, ensuring commercial minutage and presentation elements are correct including sponsorship.
- Communicate with the Scheduling team to ensure correct channel timing across both channels, ensuring KPP’s are priority.
- Plus, much more
- Ideally 2 years previous experience in a television/broadcast environment.
- Exposure to IBMS or other broadcast scheduling systems highly regarded.
- Tertiary level qualification preferable, but not essential.
- An awareness of television programming principles, as well as a passion and knowledge for the content and genre that the channel covers.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a solid work ethic
- A never-ending passion for television
What’s in it for you?
At Foxtel you will have the opportunity to work with authentic leaders and teams that put our customers at the centre of everything we do and thrive on achieving things together. You’ll also receive a free Foxtel subscription and discounted broadband. On top of that, you’ll enjoy a range of exclusive benefits across health, wellbeing, personal and professional development, partner discounts and unique experiences.
Above all, we’re passionate about entertainment and, if you are too, you’ll love working with us. So if you’re excited about this opportunity, please click ‘Apply now’