Advertiser: Gisborne MontessoriMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Sept 2019
- Bendigo, Goldfields & Macedon Ranges
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Teaching Aides & Special Needs
About the business and the role
Gisborne Montessori school is an independent educational institution for preschool and primary school aged children. GMS provides an inclusive and engaging learning environment. GMS is committed to sustainable practice and fostering a supportive school community built on the values of Creativity, Nature, Gratitude, Kindness and Respect.
We are seeking a fully qualified Education Support staff member to join our learning support team. This role is available for an immediate start and the ad will be closed once the role is filled.
Gisborne Montessori School is committed to providing safe services. We have a zero tolerance approach to abuse. Our human resources and recruitment practices are strictly adhered to during the application, interviewing and selection process. Applicants are advised that Gisborne Montessori School undertakes working with children checks, police record checks and reference checks, as appropriate, to ensure that Gisborne Montessori School is recruiting the right people for our school.
Our school promotes the safety and wellbeing of Indigenous children and encourages applications from Indigenous peoples. Our school promotes the safety and wellbeing of children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Job tasks and responsibilities
Education Support staff assist with the implementation of the curriculum consistent with the school's philosophy, policies and practice. Under direct supervision of teachers, Education Support Staff will help with the operation of their assigned class, including children's behaviour, educational program and some aspects of administration to ensure the provision of a suitable learning environment.
This role is 30 hours per week (M-F 9-3.30pm) in a classroom consisting of Years 1-3.
Under the direction of the Classroom Teacher, Education Support staff will:
- Assist with conducting lessons that engage and challenge students and reflect the Montessori philosophy
- Follow assessment procedures and report on the progress of individual students
- Attend and contribute to meetings, school events, excursions and camps
- Undertake supervisory duties outside of the classroom
- Participate regularly in professional development
- Work collaboratively with all staff
- Assist with food preparation with students and other dining programme duties as required
Skills and experience
- Must have experience working with children
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children
- Commitment to valuing each student's individuality and demonstrated awareness of children from varying backgrounds and needs
- Create and maintain good working relationships between all members of the school community
- Commitment to personal growth
- Show initiative, be flexible and adaptable
- Modelling of the school's values
- Cert III in Education Support or equivalent
- Working With Children Check
- National Criminal Record Check
Applicants must include:
- Cover Letter
Please submit your resume and cover letter via Seek.
Questions may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working with children?
- Do have experience working with people with autism spectrum disorder?
- Do you have experience working with children with special needs?
- Have you completed a qualification in education support?