IT Service Desk TechnicianPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Sept 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Want to be part of a growing company making its mark in in the industry? Look no further!
Powerwrap is positioned as the most ‘broker-centric’ Managed Account Platform in Australia. Our various teams work together to create and deliver optimum service and solutions for our clients, through sharing knowledge, innovative ideas and best practice.
We are building a company and a brand that we can be proud of - the one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance - but to achieve that, we need the best people.
What does the role look like?
Reporting to the Senior IT Manager, the IT Service Desk Technician is an excellent problem solver, using critical thinking to analyse, find, & drive IT solutions to day to day business problems, with a key aim being to keep technology running to meet business requirements.
You will bring a proficiency in IT applications and infrastructure, be capable of swiftly triaging, analysing and diagnosing IT requests & issues raised across the business to provide practical solutions to satisfy business needs.
- 1st and 2nd line support - troubleshoot IT related problems and basic network issues.
- Provide triage capability to redirect service requests as necessary
- Act as a point of contact in receiving and managing service requests received via telephone, IT portal and email from IT system users
- Support in-house developed software which may include configuration and basic coding
- Identify and report any risks to technology to the Senior IT Manager
- Participate in support on-call, facilitating out of hours work support of incidents, upgrades, patches, and project task fulfillment.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all support queries
What are we looking for?
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Understanding and knowledge of IT practices, particularly in 1st and 2nd level support.
- Certifications: MCSA, AWS Cloud Practitioner or AWS Technical essentials an advantage
- Demonstrated competency in communicating with all levels and stakeholder groups internally and externally.
- Must be resourceful and able to take initiative in a dynamic environment
- Understanding of Cyber Security issues and controls
- Ability to troubleshoot technical problems and install and configure IT Hardware and software
- Knowledge of the Amazon AWS solution and Microsoft desktop applications
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Active Directory, MS Exchange
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, for communication with a technical and non-technical audience.
What you need to know!
We believe that everyone has the power to make a difference and we offer an inclusive and diverse environment that values the qualities and backgrounds that our people bring to the team.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings to our high-performance culture.
Powerwrap will help you unlock your full potential, you will work in a high performing, fun team environment, with ongoing support and development for the right candidate.
We promise to provide you with a challenging and fulfilling role. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Please note only people with the right to work permanently in Australia will be considered.
Thank you in advance for your interest but please note only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 2 technical support?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for providing level 1 technical support?