- Job Listing Date
- 11 Sept 2019
- Gosford & Central Coast
- Work Type
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Power Generation & Distribution
About Delta Electricity
Vales Point is a coal-fired power station providing a reliable supply of 24-hour baseload electricity. The electricity generator is located on the NSW Central Coast, with installed capacity of around 1,320 megawatts.
Part of Vales Point's coal supply is co-fired with biomass to replace a proportion of coal with a renewable fuel.
We produce around four per cent of the electricity needed by consumers in the National Electricity Market, comprising all states and territories except WA and NT.
What is a summer internship?
An internship is an opportunity for university students currently completing their degree to gain practical skills and experience over the summer vacation period. The experience gained through an internship helps deepen understanding of the theoretical aspects of your studies and gives you a great advantage when applying for Graduate roles in the future.
Our summer internship program
Each year at Delta Electricity we have exciting summer internships available for students from first year right through to final year.
This year we have positions available for students studying;
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
Positions are available for 12 weeks over the summer vacation period. Students commence work in early December and finish by mid-February to return to university.
How to apply
- Answer the application questions
- Attach a copy of your resume
- Attach a copy of your most recent academic transcript.
- Include a covering letter answering the following questions;
- Why you would like a Summer Internship at Delta Electricity?
- Information about your future career goals
Applications close Friday 27 September 2019.
To learn more about Delta, visit our website www.de.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- What Discipline are you studying?
- What is your current year of study?
- Are you available to work from 2 December 2019 until 21 February 2020?