Company Accountant | Scoresby, Victoria
Advertiser: InstacareMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Sept 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Financial Accounting & Reporting
At Instacare, we help people with disability navigate the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) providing premium plan management and support coordination services.
We currently have an opening for an experienced Company Accountant to join our fast paced team. Reporting to the General Manager and CFO, this is a hands on role for a motivated professional with Financial Accounting experience, including financial statements including P&L's, Balance Sheets, BAS statements, payroll tax, FBT compliance, cash flows statements and budgets.
The Company Accountant is also responsible for performing NDIS finance claims and payments (this will be taught on the job), applying accounting principles and procedures to analyse financial information, preparing accurate and timely financial reports and statements and ensuring appropriate accounting control procedures.
You will be responsible for:
- Management of the Finance finance function and associated staff members, including performance management, leave & career development
- NDIS Finance Claims, Reconciliation and Payments
- Development of quarterly board reporting
- P&L management
- Compliance with all statutory reporting requirements such as BAS/IAS/FBT
- Payroll Tax
- Financial Budgeting
- Cash flow analysis
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting of financial activities
Successful applications will have:
- Relevant degree qualification as well as CA or CPA.
- At least 3 years' experience in a similar role, ideally as a management accountant for a medium to large company
- Very Strong Excel Skills
- Continuous Performance Improvement mentality with a strong focus on helping to drive automation and system review of routine tasks and procedures
- High attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong deadline commitment – strong timeline management
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What we offer
- An attractive remuneration package will be offered, based on the candidates experience and skills.
- An exciting opportunity to help grow and contribute an exciting new business that plays a vital role in supporting people with disability achieve their life goals.
- A positive and open work culture.
- Brand new office in Scoresby.
- Access to ongoing support and training/developmental opportunities.
Apply for the role
To apply for this role, upload your CV and a cover letter telling us why you are the best person for this role to SEEK by COB Wednesday 18 September 2019.
For more information on Instacare visit http://www.instacare.com.au
Successful applicants will need to pass a National Criminal History Check and have a valid Australian Drivers Licence.
Instacare promotes a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage all people, including people with disability, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Island people and people from culturally diverse backgrounds, to apply for this role.
Instacare does not accept unsolicited calls/CVs from recruitment agencies.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?