- Job Listing Date
- 11 Sept 2019
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Maintenance & Handyperson Services
Brisbane Airport Corporation Pty Limited (BAC), the operator of Brisbane Airport (BNE), is a proud, private, un-listed Queensland company, employing thousands of Queenslanders and creating economic opportunities for the state and city of Brisbane equating to more than $4 billion annually.
Operating 24 hours a day, seven days a week, BNE has two major Terminals accommodating 33 airlines flying to 83 domestic and international destinations. It is a suburb in its own right, the largest capital city airport in Australia by land size (2,700 hectares) and the third-largest airport in Australia by passenger numbers with more than 23.4 million passengers travelling through the airport in FY18.
About the Role
The Civil Maintenance Officer is responsible for undertaking specified and allocated maintenance activities and repairs as directed by the Civil Maintenance Team Leader, ensuring that works are performed efficiently and in conformity with safety standards.
Key deliverables associated with this role include timely proactive maintenance of BAC’s civil assets as well as stakeholder relationships, excellence in service delivery and Regulatory Compliance.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Assist in the effective day-to-day maintenance and repair of Brisbane Airport’s Civil Assets, including but not limited to:
- Undertake airside grass slashing activities;
- Undertake pavement sweeping
- Undertake in pavement maintenance of the Runway and Taxiway system, including contractor supervision;
- Undertake in site wide weed control activities;
- Undertake in Airside line marking in accordance with required airside standards;
- Other Civil Maintenance activities to ensure necessary coverage of team duties as per Team Leader’s direction.
- Ensure all tasks are performed in accordance with the safe work method statements and standard operating procedures..
- Act in the role of Works Safety Officer for both BAC employees and contractor staff members as required.
- Understand, comply with and contribute to the achievement of the requirements of the Airport Environment Strategy.
- Report environmental accidents and incidents and, if required, participate in their investigation and corrective actions.
- Build and maintain relationships with contractors and key agencies, internal departments and applicable external agencies to facilitate achievement of the division’s operational objectives.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- Proficiency in the use of Ops and Non-Ops Radios
- Hold a current or the ability to obtain a BACL Cat.3 RWY Airside Driver’s Authority
- Work Safety Officer certification, or ability to obtain
- Hold a current Plant Operator’s Ticket for plant used on the airport.
- Hold a current State Driver’s Licences for plant and vehicles used on the airport. (Medium Rigid)
- Possess or able to acquire an ASIC and if required undergo a security check.
- Possess or able to acquire a Chemical certificate – Accredited AQF Certificate III
- Experience in the use of Computer Maintenance Management Software (ideally, Maximo).
- Hold or have an ability to obtain an approved certificate from a Technical college or equivalent in the agricultural / horticultural / civil construction field.
Knowledge and Technical Proficiency
- Mobile plant operation.
- Tractor operation with auxiliary equipment such as slashers.
- Handling of poisons.
- Minor Maintenance such as welding, fence repair etc.
What's on offer?
This is an opportunity to join a company which is already a leader in this field in Australia and use your skills, experience and enthusiasm to help continue our successful growth! BAC is a forward thinking organisation, which is supportive of innovation and has a positive and flexible working environment.
If you believe you have the drive and experience to succeed in this role, please click apply. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encourage to apply.
Please note, Brisbane Airport Corporation (BAC) reserves the right to close the applicant portal prior to the listed closing date.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?
- What's your expected annual base salary?