Full-time Assistant Accountant
Advertiser: Australian Village Management Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Sept 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Assistant Accountants
About the business and the role
We are a fast-growing Australian business operating in hospitality and property management industries. With continuing growth, we are seeking an experienced, dedicated and pro-active assistant accountant to join our vibrant and busy accounting team.
Job tasks and responsibilities
The role is primarily involved with Accounting Functions including:
- Manage and maintain accounts payable, including reconciling creditor statements
- Process weekly payroll and reconcile payroll-related accounts
- Perform bank reconciliations and process General Ledger journal entries
- Preparation of weekly and monthly management reports
- Other ad-hoc administrative duties as required
Skills and experience
We are looking for a person with demonstrated experience in a similar role. Proficiencies in using Xero, MYOB and Excel are essential.
To succeed in this role, you will need to be:
- Having 2-3 years' sold experience in accounting and administrative role.
- Able to work autonomously to complete tasks on time
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong time management skills, flexible and willing to take challenging duties
- Excellent communicator and team-player
Please send an up to date resume and cover letter detailing your suitability for this position.
Job benefits and perks
We provide friendly, challenging and supportive work environment. In our task oriented business culture, flexible working hours could be offered to the right candidate. Staff discount on company owned Cafe shop next door.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as an assistant accountant?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?