Corporate Sustainability Consultant
Advertiser: Point AdvisoryMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Sept 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Environment & Sustainability Consulting
Point Advisory is a certified B Corp that has grown over the past five years to become one of Australia's leading sustainability services firms.
With close-knit teams across Melbourne and Sydney, we provide technical and strategic advice to government and corporate clients across the domains of climate change, energy, environment, economics and human rights.
About the role:
We're looking for a Sustainability Consultant in our Sydney office with up to three years' experience working as an Analyst across any of the fields of sustainability.
Maybe you've worked at a large engineering or accounting firm and you're looking for a different environment. Or, maybe you've worked in industry and are looking for the excitement and variety of professional services.
Either way, this is an outstanding opportunity to work with industry leaders on a diverse range of human rights, climate change, energy and sustainability projects across most sectors of the Australian economy.
Skills and experience:
The candidate must have:
- residence in and hold full work rights in Australia
- an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- strong research and analysis skills
- the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team or independently as required
- a bachelor's degree in business, international relations, engineering, science or similar
- a passion for sustainability.
Other desirable skills and experience include:
- some experience in a similar role in industry or a consultancy
- specific business skills in risk management, financial and business analytics
- specific sustainability technical skills in human rights, energy, climate change or environmental/social economics
- quantitative modelling and / or strategy expertise
- programming or business intelligence/visualisation experience
- a postgraduate degree in a related field.
Why join us:
- Values-driven - Join a purpose-led certified ‘B-Corporation’.
- Challenging and satisfying work - Work with some of Australia's largest corporate and government organisations on some of the most pressing issues of our time.
- High employee retention - Enjoy working with a team of loyal, high-calibre employees who are passionate about the work they do.
- Excellent culture - Work in a fun and relaxed environment with regular social events.
- Great benefits - Including generous parental leave and a loyalty leave scheme on top of regular leave arrangements.
- Convenient location - Office is in the Sydney CBD.
How to apply:
Please express your interest by clicking on the “Apply for this job” button above with a CV and cover letter addressing the required skills and experience listed above.
Applications close Monday 30 September 2019.
The Point Advisory Approach
Point Advisory focuses on providing valuable, innovative services to our clients. We are committed to conducting our business in a way that minimises adverse impacts on the environment. As energy use and greenhouse gas emissions are our most material environmental impacts, we monitor and track our usage and offset our greenhouse gas emissions. As a new company, we aim to establish a business model that is financially and ecologically sustainable, and that delivers benefits to the broader community beyond our bottom line.
For further information about our firm, visit www.pointadvisory.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your highest level of education?