Advertiser: Midland Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 11 Sept 2019
- Dubbo & Central NSW
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Engineering Drafting
Mechanical Design Draftsperson
Midland Pty Ltd is a fast growing and leading truck trailer manufacturer in the Australian heavy vehicle industries. Customer satisfaction and lean principles are at the heart of our business. A champion team philosophy instead of a team of champions is what we strongly believe in and everyone in the team gets to share ideas for improvements.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious mechanical design draftsperson that has genuine interest and passion for heavy vehicle industry. The successful applicant will be an integral part of a dynamic team, and have the opportunity to develop knowledge while being exposed to concepts, design, testing and manufacturing operations. Your key responsibility will be to support and work with the engineer to manage workload as we are expanding on bigger engineering projects.
Skills we are looking for:
- Engineering or drafting qualifications.
- Ability to visualize concepts and generate 3D CAD models from 2D sketches. CREO CAD software knowledge will be a distinct advantage but training will be provided for aspiring candidate.
- Knowledge of Australian standards and drafting principles. Understanding of sheet metal fabrication principles and drawings is a key requirement.
- Team playing skills and willingness to co-operate with others is a must for this position. Candidate with right mindset will be provided opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Knowledge of lean techniques will be looked upon favorably.
- Enthusiasm to work in heavy vehicle industry.
- Attention to detail and willingness to take responsibility is crucial for success.
- Excellent language proficiency is required for communication.
Reasons to join us:
- Continually learning
- Always working on new projects
- Growing business with excellent opportunities in developing your skills
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a mechanical draftsperson?
- How many years' experience do you have as a draughtsperson?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?