- Job Listing Date
- 11 Sept 2019
- Northern QLD
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Labourers
Mackay Regional Council has an opportunity for three experienced Civil Maintenance Workers to join our Water Network team, based at the Paget Depot.
This position is to carry out water asset maintenance duties combined with plant and truck operation associated with the maintenance and operation of water network infrastructure under the limited supervision of a Team Leader or Leading Hand.
We are seeking a person that can assist with the repairs of pressure mains, water services, valves, water meters, manholes and sewer jump-ups. Be competent in operating equipment such as whacker packer, flex drive pumps and vac loading and have the ability to use technological devices e.g. smart phones, computers and have knowledge of work order systems.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Current General Construction Safety "White" Card
- Current QLD MR or HR Class Licence
- Experience in driving tandem axle trucks in varying road condition
- Experience in maintaining water services and pipe infrastructure
In return for your valued contribution you will be rewarded with;
- Annual base salary range from $51,339 - $52,381 plus allowances as applicable
- Up to 18% superannuation (conditions apply)
- Choice of 4 or 5 weeks’ annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- 9 day fortnight roster
- May be eligible for salary sacrificing options
- Membership to lifestyle benefits program including corporate discounts
- Study and assistance programs for career development
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
For a Position Description and information on how to apply please visit http://www.mackay.qld.gov.au/careers
To apply, you will need to submit a resume, cover letter and a brief statement addressing the selection criteria (from the job description attached to the vacancy on Council’s website)
Applications Close: 26 September 2019
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to all opportunities available. At Mackay Regional Council, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognises the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees, working together to deliver extraordinary results.