Medical Billing Clerk
Advertiser: Murton Advisory Services Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Sept 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $50,000 - $54,999 plus super
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
Full-time contract position for 6 months with potential to extend to a permanent role:
- Located in Flemington Rd North Melbourne
- Hours from 8:00am to 4:30pm
- Friendly/relaxed work environment
We provide medical billing services to a large and expanding group of Specialists throughout Australia.
The role for this position is to provide accurate data input of patient and billing data for our clients/doctors into our billing system. Maintain a good working relationship with Hospital staff, Medicare, Health Funds and other Paying Agencies.
The duties and responsibilities for this role would include:
- Liaise with new and existing clients/doctors
- Accurate entry of patient and billing data
- Investigate rejected membership numbers with Medicare and Health Funds
- Preparation and submission of electronic and manual claims
- Prepare ad-hoc reports, as required
The successful candidate must possess the following attributes:
- Have prior experience in processing medical billing/claims
- Highly motivated
- Good time management
- Basic user of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you have experience in a data entry role?
- Do you have previous invoicing experience?