Casual Vineyard / Gardener
Advertiser: MARS BuildingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Sept 2019
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Winery & Viticulture
We are currently looking for reliable farm workers / Gardener to work in the Pokolbin area. Casual for 1 to 2 days a weeks.
Must be able to work in Vineyard / Garden (farm labouring work) and be flexible with times.
Small Vineyard with 5 acres under Vine, and Garden's to be maintained, and rebuilt
Heavy lifting and physical labouring work will be required so being fit and healthy is a must.
This position is available so please apply today for a scheduled interview.
Operating and maintaining various vineyard machinery
Fungicide and Herbicide applications
General expectations will include:
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Flexibility of work hours to meet needs
• Operate in safe and sustained manner
Punctuality and reliability are number one. Experience operating agricultural machinery is vital as you will be responsible for mechanical and hand pruning, trellis repairs, chemical application, irrigation and general vineyard tasks. Record keeping and compliance with standard
Experience in driving and operating agricultural machinery and a driver's license are essential requirements of this position. Chemcert will be highly advantageous. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to work in a team environment without close supervision and confidence will see you succeed in this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to work outside your usual hours when required? (e.g. weekends, evenings, public holidays)
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Have you completed a qualification in horticulture?