Advertiser: Australian Grand Prix CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 12 Sept 2019
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Management
The Australian Grand Prix Corporation (AGPC) is responsible for staging two iconic international events, the Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne, as well as the Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix held at Phillip Island.
We are established, respected leaders on the world stage, approaching the milestone 25th Formula 1®race in Melbourne in 2020.
Pre event Period – Production and installation of various signage, infrastructure, accreditation boards and other event related material as necessary. Auditing of the site including security, facilities, amenities and potential hazards.
Event Days - Reporting to the Venue Manager and Operations Coordinator the Area Manager – Venue Operations (contract role) will be the primary contact person for the Operations department within the designated zone/s for the Pramac Generac Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix 2019. Area Managers will be responsible for the auditing of security & event staff within designated area/zones.
Post Event Period – removal and collection of various items as tasked by the staff roster or Venue Operation Managers.
- Oversee all operational activities within the allocated area in your allocated zone, including entrance gates (pedestrian and vehicle);
- Complete audits on security and event staff.
- Complete spot checks and audits of the site and facilities within your allocated zone/s throughout the event as required;
- Complete spot checks and audits on the Security and Event Staff provider throughout the event as required;
- Assist the responsible manager/s for Marketing, Sales & Commercial, Venue Operations, Infrastructure, Motorsport, Entertainment & Industry and Catering as required within the zone/s, e.g. promotional activities, rider appearances, displays, food and beverage outlets and VIP hospitality facilities;
- Effectively communicate with AGPC Event Operations Centre, providing situation reports on an ongoing basis regarding operational and other event related information;
- Maintain necessary records as required;
- Assist in delivering operations plans, including but not limited to Pit Lane Walks, Track Invasion, Main Straight Walk etc.
- Be familiar with both the Emergency Management Plans and Traffic and Transport Plans, and follow instructions from Event Operations Centre relating to any emergency response coordination, or Traffic liaison with the Traffic and Transport Coordination Centre and their contractors;
- Complete a debrief report at the end of the Event outlining any recommendations that you may have on improving Operations for the 2019 event;
- Coordinate contractors as directed;
- Complete tasks as directed; and
- Other reasonable duties as directed by the General Manager Operations or the Division Manager – Operations.
Qualifications and Experience
Experience in the event management industry particularly in delivering large scale events.
- Demonstrated achievement in and enthusiasm for the provision of quality customer service.
- Immediately respond to customers needs or concerns to ensure the quality of service meets agreed standards.
Teamwork, Adaptability and Resilience
- Demonstrated commitment to teamwork and the maintenance of a supportive work environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a fast-changing environment.
- Keeping calm by demonstrating a capacity to positively deal with unanticipated problems and changing circumstances.
Interpersonal, Verbal and Written Communication
- Well-developed written communication ability.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- An ability to liaise, negotiate and constructively provide and accept feedback from staff at all levels.
For a full Position Description, please click here
AGPC has recently implemented a Flexible Work Arrangements Policy and we celebrate and harness diversity, considering it a competitive advantage. We encourage applications from people of all diverse backgrounds.
Our organisation promotes the safety, well-being and inclusion of all our consumers including children and appropriate rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken.