Movement Disorder Support Worker
Advertiser: Parkinson's VictoriaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2019
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - General Medical & Surgical
Parkinson's Victoria is a state-wide specialist information and support service providing information, education and support to people living with Parkinson's, their families, carers, health providers and the wider community. We raise awareness and funds for services and research that improves the quality of life for people living with Parkinson’s.
This position provides an exciting opportunity for a dedicated, passionate and experienced Allied Health Professional to be at the forefront of services to the Parkinson's community within Victoria. This highly valued, hands on role involves delivering information and education that increases the understanding Parkinson’s and related conditions and enhancing self-management and confidence for People living with Parkinsons to seek services available within their community. You will be providing direct information to community, delivering educations sessions, revising and developing vital resources, and contributing to multidisciplinary group programs including Peer Support Groups. You will have well developed interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to work autonomously and will seek advice and consult where required.
To be considered for the role you will have:
- Completed Tertiary Qualifications ( to a Bachelor Level) in a health- related discipline and registration with the relevant board within Australia
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in development and delivery in health related education to health care professionals and community.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working with people living with chronic illness and their carers, and demonstrate and understanding of the complexity of issues associated with the chronic illness
- Experience in providing person centered services including 1:1 support, secondary consultations and group sessions
The successful applicant will be required to undergo satisfactory pre-employment checks, including two professional referees, a criminal records check and evidence of professional qualifications.
Full time or Park time hours are available for this role
How to apply for this job
Applicants are required to respond to the key selection criteria contained in the position description.
Please forward your application to email@example.com, using the subject line: Movement Disorder Support Worker, to the attention of Victor McConvey – Manager, Statewide Health Information and Education
Applications are now open
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How many years' experience do you have as a support worker?