Advertiser: Lycee Condorcet The International French School of SydneyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2019
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Maintenance & Handyperson Services
About the business and the role
Lycée Condorcet- the International French School of Sydney is an independent, co-educational school in Maroubra which caters to students from Preschool to Year 12 and follows the French curriculum.
Approved in accordance with the French Education Ministry, the school is looking for a full-time maintenance Officer (38 hours/week) starting date: 30 September 2019.
Under the supervision of the Facilities Manager, the Maintenance Officer's duties will include identifying and carrying out general building and grounds maintenance (painting, basic carpentry and plumbing, replacing light bulbs, minor lock smithing) along with various other duties such as event setup, moving furniture, helping with deliveries and dealing with ad-hoc requests when required. The Maintenance Officer will be required to work as a member of a team as well as using their initiative to work independently where required.
- Locks, excluding work that must be carried out by a professional locksmith
- Supply and fitting of light tubes and globes
- Replacement of castors on chairs
- Regular inspections of gutters and downpipes
- Cleaning of stormwater and acid traps
- Checks of security fences and minor repairs as required
- Soft fall areas in playgrounds/ovals to be maintained at a safe depth
- Repainting of signs/blackboards
- Movement of furniture, whiteboards, blackboards and notice boards
- Inspection of ceilings, floors, paving, plumbing, internal painting, door hinges, hooks,
- Minor repairs to class room fans
- Classroom comfort features
- Additional bells and sirens
- Repair of insect screens
- Minor repairs to furniture and equipment
- Minor wall, ceiling and door repairs, both gyprock and wood
- Minor Plumbing repairs – tap washers, cistern leaks, leaking sinks, blocked toilets
- Cleaning of minor graffiti immediately it appears
- Re‐hanging of door / hinges when required
- Replacement of clock batteries
- Minor landscape maintenance
- Replacing signs
- Driving duties when required (purchase/pickup of consumables )
Skills and experience
- Valid class C Drivers Licence
- General Construction White Card
- Proficiencies in woodwork, joinery
- Full working rights
- Bonded asbestos certificate
- Restricted Electrical Licence- desirable
- EWP and Working at Heights qualification -desirable
- Knowledge of Assa Abloy mortice locks – desirable
- Full working rights
Job benefits and perks
The salary is based on the rates of pay of the Independent Schools NSW (Support and Operational Staff) Multi-Enterprise Agreement 2017 – Level 3 – Maintenance Supervisor.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of OH&S/WHS?
- What's your expected annual base salary?