Conference & Event ManagerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 15 Sept 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Event Management
Conference & Event Manager
The Association Specialists is a rapidly growing events and association management company in Australia. We provide a range of specialist services to member-based associations, professional societies and not-for-profit groups, including the provision of professional conference organising services.
Our PCO (Professional Conference Organiser) division is seeking to appoint an experienced, professional, self-motivated and enthusiastic Conference / Event Manager to work in our remote office in Perth. You will be responsible for delivering successful client events on time and within budget and will be the primary point of contact for a number of clients across a variety of industry sectors. You will be highly detail focused and will have an exceptional client service ethic.
Your role will be responsible for all aspects of clients’ events including financial management, collateral production, sponsorship sales, exhibition management, calls-for-abstracts, speaker liaison, database management, marketing (including social media) and committee liaison.
We are looking for someone who has the following attributes:
- Pro-activity and the desire to grow the role and the business
- Highly organised, with good time management skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to find the most efficient ways to complete tasks
- A strong focus on customer service
- Extremely strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Computer literacy in MS Office suite, familiarity with events management software, websites and social media sites
- Events Management qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role, preferably within a PCO environment
Salary will be discussed and dependent upon experience. Travel to attend clients’ events will be required as well as the ability and willingness to work out-of-standard hours from time to time to manage work-flow peaks.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please provide a covering letter and resume addressed to Nell Harrison, Executive Director at email@example.com.
Only those applicants shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
The Association Specialists
Level 3, 33 – 35 Atchison St
ST LEONARDS NSW 2065
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in event management?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you available to travel interstate / overseas for this role when required?