- Job Listing Date
- 16 Sept 2019
- Broome & Kimberley
- $65,000 - $69,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Fishing & Aquaculture
Expressions of Interest
Seeking enthusiastic starters for the pearling industry
■ Broome Based
Founded in 1952, Paspaley is a diverse group of companies. Whilst its core business is pearling, including pearl production, wholesale and retail, it also has extensive involvement in the aviation industry, the rural industry and commercial property.
Our pearling operation is extensive and spans coastal regions from Exmouth, WA around to the north of Darwin, NT. Our pearl farms are positioned amongst some of the world's most spectacular coastline and unique marine environments.
Working for Paspaley you would be expected to reside in Broome, Australia and work on a full time basis; on a cycle of 2 weeks on, 1 week off.
We seek people in excellent health, with a good work ethic and who are committed to making a career in the pearling industry to register their interest in the following opportunities:
■ Pearl Farm Deckhand / Coxswain / Master 5
The main role of a Deckhand is shell cleaning and involves the removal of marine growth, general shell care, husbandry of the shell and maintenance of the associated infrastructure.
Although all training will be provided, having previous sea going experience and/or marine qualifications and knowledge will be considered an advantage.
All candidates must:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- Have a consistent working history in a manual labour, marine or agricultural environment
- Have a satisfactory police clearance
- Have the ability to work in a team orientated environment
- Have experience working in remote areas and locations
- Have the experience or ability to work at sea
All employees will be subject to a pre-employment medical and drug and alcohol testing.
Applications consisting of a resume outlining work history and background should be addressed to the Pearling Support Manager via email@example.com. Applications close 16 October 2019.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you willing to relocate for this role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?