Early Childhood Teacher
Advertiser: Kinder Lane Early Learning CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2019
- Sydney, Southern Suburbs & Sutherland Shire
- $55,000 - $64,999 plus super
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Early Childhood
About Kinder Lane
Kinder Lane Early Learning Centre is a brand new, family owned and operated 47 place centre in Jannali NSW. Our aim is to provide outstanding early childhood care and education in a safe and nurturing environment.
The role is to develop and lead a quality curriculum that is responsive to children, families and the community. To ensure our school readiness program is focused on achieving all EYLF elements and most importantly to ensure our graduates are confident and capable learners ready for big school.
We have an inclusive approach to childcare, we carefully consider the interests of each child and ensure that each little voice is heard. We believe that a close and transparent relationship with each child’s family is essential to unlocking each child’s potential. As a successful candidate you will be charged with bringing our curriculum to life using our service values.
LEARN – a young child’s mind is rapidly growing, taking in enormous amounts of information. We are here to assist this development, to encourage self-learning and create a love for learning. This is implemented through careful consideration of the NQF and EYLF
ACHIEVE – every little milestone is an amazing achievement and we don’t want parents to miss out on anything. We will document each child’s daily achievements and parents will constantly be updated.
NURTURE – ensuring that each child feels like they are safe and secure is essential for development. We want each child and their family to feel like they are at home and our staff are like family.
ENJOY – play is the most important tool for natural curiosity and exploration. We understand that play and enjoyment are instrumental in young children’s development, when children are having fun, they feel safe and secure to be themselves and to embrace engagement and interaction.
About the role
We are looking for a professional and passionate ECT/Educational Leader to take on this exciting role of developing our curriculum and encouraging our staff to ensure the successful operation of all programs.
- Developing and implementing the educational program and achieving quality learning outcomes.
- Assisting the centre manager in mentoring, and professional development of staff.
- Engage in quality and respectful communication with families;
- Weekly reporting and monthly planning with leadership team.
About You: ‘The successful applicant’
- Early Childhood Teaching qualification (as recognised by ACECQA) or Diploma Trained currently studying Teaching at University
- Child Protection, First Aid and Anaphylaxis Training
- Experience working as an ECT/Educational Leader within a childcare setting
- Highly effective documentation skills
- Confidence and leadership ability.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passion, enthusiasm and a strong commitment to high quality care.
- A sound knowledge of
- National Quality Framework
- National Quality Standard
- The Early Years Learning Framework
- Workplace Health & Safety
- The desire to develop a quality curriculum and assist in leading a professional, collaborative and focused team.
- Attractive salary, with KPI incentives to increase remuneration
- Paid Professional Development
- Childcare discount
- Ongoing Support
Please forward your application with a brief cover letter outlining your suitability for the role and your teaching philosophy to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How many years' experience do you have as an early childhood teacher?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Have you completed a Bachelor of Education - Early Childhood?
- Do you have experience planning and implementing education programs in an early learning environment?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the early years learning framework?