- Job Listing Date
- 17 Sept 2019
- Cairns & Far North
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Other
- Casual opportunity supporting the Australian Defence Force
- Work within a multi-disciplinary clinical team
- Contribute to positive health outcomes in a unique environment
As an experience Pharmacist you have an eye for detail and an ability to work methodically and efficiently to provide dispensary and inventory control services. You understand the importance of promoting safety around medication for patients and upholding strict safety and quality control measures in a distribution environment. Your excellent communication skills mean you are comfortable interacting with patients to provide advice or answer queries as well as providing technical advice to other health professionals. You are a respectful and professional person who demonstrates exceptional moral values in everything you do. You are passionate about providing clinical support services and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support delivery of the highest standard of care to patients.
About the Role
You will be responsible for the provision of pharmaceutical, medical and dental logistic services to patients in accordance with all relevant Laws, professional standards and Defence Policies and Procedures. You will undertake clinical tasks including but not limited to dispensing services, inventory management, promoting safe and effective use of medications to patients and providing technical advice and training to health practitioners.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- The highest levels of personal integrity and ethical behaviour
- Current unconditional and unrestricted registration as a Pharmacist with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Previous full-time post trainee/internship experience in a Defence, Hospital or Community Pharmacy (or part-time equivalent)
- Previous fulltime post trainee/internship experience in the last 5 years within a Defence, Hospital or Community Pharmacy (or part-time equivalent)
- Recent participation in Continuous Professional Development (CPD) activities in accordance with AHPRA
- Current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID001) certification
- Membership of the Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (desirable)
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team to support the delivery of safe, efficient and high-quality care to patients
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation and externally with a range of personnel
This is a position of trust and responsibility and to support this we will conduct a thorough probity assessment, which includes a national police check as an essential selection component for this role.
Please note that you must be an Australian Citizen to obtain the required Baseline Security Clearance for this role.
ADF Health Services Contract provides integrated healthcare services to Australian Defence Force (ADF) personnel across Australia. As part of this newly-awarded contract, Serco, in partnership with Bupa, will provide defence-ready clinical and support staff across 50+ on-base locations nationally, ensuring that ADF personnel have access to quality on-site medical care. Our staff take pride in delivering quality health services to achieve outstanding care and our new recruits for the ADF Health Services Contract will be no exception.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including Defence, Transport, Justice, Immigration, Healthcare and Citizen Services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone. To learn more please visit: www.serco.com/ahsc.
If you are inspired to make a positive difference and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume by clicking the 'Apply Now' button. Please note your resume must include - start and finish dates for each role, along with employment type (e.g. casual, part time, full time) and hours worked per week.
Serco values of Trust, Care, Innovation and Pride underpin everything we do. We are curious, creative and collaborative. Our people help in ways that matter.
We are committed to diversity and we encourage people from different backgrounds including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse and people with disabilities to apply.