Advertiser: Hudson - Policy and ProgramMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Sept 2019
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Hourly rate equivalent to VPS5
- Work Type
- Accounting, Analysis & Reporting
Your new company
This established state Government department based in Melbourne CBD currently require a Financial Analyst for a 4 month temporary contract.
Your new role
Reporting to the Business and Finance Manager the core duties of this position include:
- Maintenance of payroll data
- Load and review budgets
- Financial reporting and analysis
- Update organisational charts
- Maintaining general ledger o Providing basic procurement advice
- Monitor and ensure collect allocation of telephony, and Customer Contact Centre charges to divisions
- Corporate credit card monitoring and monthly reconciliation
- Undertake analysis and provide advice on business management and financial matters, as required
- Investigate, model and analyse large sets of data against departmental policy, accounting standards, the FMA and other relevant legislation, and provide recommendations to the Business Manager on issues and proposed solutions
- Assist in providing the Business Manager with up to date information regarding divisional human resourcing levels, IT requirements and other associated corporate and financial reports
- Prepare a variety of written communications including memorandums, letters and reports in a clear, appropriate and unambiguous manner
- Communicate specialist financial information to a variety of different stakeholders
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role you need to have Business management experience in the public or private sector. In addition, it is essential that you hold a Degree in Accounting or Finance and are CA/CPA qualified. It is also essential you have experience with financial management frameworks including the use of finance and accounting systems for the purposes of conducting analysis and reports.
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity to continue developing your accounting & finance skills within a rewarding and supportive team environment.
Why apply with Hudson?
Wondering which agency to contact for your next contracting role? At Hudson, we pride ourselves as a large and established practice, consistently searching for the best fit for both you and our client! Want to know more? Apply now! For a confidential discussion contact Ella Toumazou at firstname.lastname@example.org