National Sales ManagerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Sept 2019
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, Management
The role of National Sales Manager is a key strategic position within a dedicated Executive Management Team and is pivotal in terms of achieving ambitious business development, growth and profit targets.
The incumbent will be expected to drive sales performance and business development across Australia; contribute knowledge and experience to our strategic planning and decision-making processes; and manage and motivate high-performance sales teams. Experienced and ambitious Sales Managers that enjoy a challenge and being part of a hard working team are encouraged to apply.
KEY RELATIONSHIPS. The National Sales Manager will report directly to our Managing Director and Executive, liaise as required with other members of the Executive Management Team and be responsible for managing a team of sales professionals across both Retail and Foodservices Divisions.
KEY TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES.
The incumbent will be required to:
- Contribute to high-level strategy discussion and participate actively in the development of recurrent Business & Marketing Plans and Annual Financial Year Budget Forecasts.
- Provide regular and accurate information flow on the changing economic context and broad market trends.
- Be responsible for overall Sales Division Profit & Loss performance v. budget.
- Demonstrate a high level of competency in managing and championing CRM systems to collect critical data for reporting and analysis.
- Conduct regular, detailed statistical analysis and provide commentary on sales performance to the Executive Team.
- Demonstrate effective sales management leadership through the formulation and implementation of tailored sales strategies and business plans; and evaluate their effectiveness.
- Negotiate major deals and maintain key customer contacts at senior level.
- Manage selected key accounts.
- Build, retain, motivate and performance manage achievement-orientated Sales Teams to optimize sales effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that all sales staff meet or exceed all activity and performance standards for prospecting calls, appointments, presentations, proposals and conversion.
- Support, coach and mentor individual members of the Sales Teams to ensure maximum contribution.
- Conduct one-on-one reviews with selected sales staff to build effective communications, understand individual training and development needs and provide insights that will enhance performance.
- Visit key distributors and assist distributors in the development of key end-user accounts.
- Prepare proposals and responses to tenders & submissions, and make presentations as required.
- Act as a conduit between distributors, retailers and the Company to provide product development insights and recommendations.
- Liaise with the Company's Operations Department to ensure optimum level of stock holding and support logistical efficiencies.
- Ensure all selling expenses are maintained within budgeted guidelines; and, when necessary, initiate corrective action.
- Manage the Sales Team’s usage of CRM systems.
- Lead regular Sales team meetings.
- Undertake continuous personal and professional development to enhance required knowledge and skills.
- Participate in the Company's performance appraisal program.
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are communicated and implemented across the Sales Team.
In addition, the incumbent will demonstrate the following leadership qualities:
- Vision, need for achievement, initiative, dependability, analytical ability, enthusiasm, positive outlook and the ability to work under pressure.
- Setting example for all sales staff in areas of personal character, commitment, selling skills and good working habits.
- Establishing and maintaining effective and harmonious working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Promoting a high profile Company image at all times.
- Acting as a role model for Company values.
- Developing a strong team ethos through positive participation and communication.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION.
Candidates wishing to apply for this position should send a cover letter detailing their relevant expertise and experience aligned to the specific 'Task, Responsibilities & Duties' listed above and an updated CV.
Candidates that do not send a detailed cover letter will not be considered.
This vacancy has been posted directly by the Company, not a Recruitment Agency. The identity of the Company will be revealed only to short-listed candidates.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a national sales manager?
- How many years of sales management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have experience working towards targets and KPIs?