Advertiser: Brisbane Child NeurologyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Sept 2019
- $25 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
About the business
Brisbane Child neurology provides Child Neurology and EEG service at Mater Precinct in South Brisbane
About the role
Exciting opportunity to work in a busy paediatric neurology service
Duties and responsibilities are:
- Provide high quality reception and secretarial services to the patients, Neurologist and Scientists at the practice.
- Liaise with doctors, health professionals, patients and their family regarding all patient medication and procedure enquiries
- Maintain confidentiality of all information
- Coordinate patient hospital admissions for overnight VEEG monitoring.
- Editing and mailing of clinical letters
- Ensure proper documentation of all correspondence from families of patients.
- Ensure correct and efficient diary management
- Contribute to the cleanliness of the practice and equipment
- Reception duties
- If you are looking for just a "change of job" this is not a role for you. We are looking for someone who is passionate about medical administration
Benefits and perks
Work with a team of friendly and professional staff
Easy access to public transport
Flexible working hours
Opportunity for further growth
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:-
- Previous experience in a specialist medical environment
- Previous Genie experience is essential.
- Have the ability to connect and interact with children and their parents of all ages, background and personalities
- Strong work ethic – self-motivated, pro-active, taking pride in their work, work without supervision, able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Passionate about providing an exceptional level of customer service
- A firm understanding of the Medicare and private health funds and procedure bookings is required
- Compassionate, empathetic and warm disposition
- A high standard of personal integrity – trustworthy, loyal and honest.
- An ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding all patient and practice matters
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, able to multitask and establish efficient office systems
- Able to work well independently, but also as part of a team
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a medical secretary?
- Which of the following medical practice management software do you have experience with?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?