Advertiser: KARIMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 14 Oct 2019
- Sydney, South West & M5 Corridor
- $90,323 - $117,670
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
Psychologist or Clinical Psychologist
Total Remuneration Package $90,323-$117,670
*Dependent on qualifications and years of experience
(Includes base salary and leave loading plus superannuation and salary sacrifice opportunities)
Do you want a job that will give you the opportunity to make a real difference in the day to day lives of Aboriginal children of all ages who are in need of support?
KARI is one of the largest Aboriginal Out of Home Care (OOHC) agencies in Australia. We pride ourselves on the high quality care and support that is provided to children and young people. A fantastic opportunity exists for an experienced General or Clinical Psychologist to join our highly motivated Clinical Team based at our Liverpool office.
As a Psychologist at KARI you will be part of a multidisciplinary Allied Health team working with Aboriginal children from vulnerable backgrounds with complex histories of trauma due to abuse, exposure to domestic violence, mental illness and substance misuse.
Your role will be providing assessment, therapeutic intervention and behavioural support for children and young people living in foster placements or at risk of entering foster care. This involves working with the children, their parents or carers, KARI caseworkers and the multidisciplinary KARI clinic team.
We are looking for someone dedicated to trauma informed care, and providing best practice, evidence informed care for this vulnerable population.
- Full registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- A minimum of three years full time equivalent work experience in a related field.
- Possession of a current NSW Drivers License – minimum P2.
- Willingness to undertake a Working with Children Check and National Police Check.
- Willingness to travel across Metropolitan Sydney to deliver services.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?